Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Tattooed and Haunted

There is a man in my life..well, there was a man. Although gone for years, he haunts me daily. I have given him up in my heart and mind, over and over, but it seems my soul and his are connected through some ethereal thread of impossible strength. He is a gossamer Shade, a diaphanous umbra shadowing my every moment. I never expect to see him again, and there is a howling pain from the Alpha female within me whenever I acknowledge the truth of that finality. Our time together, our shared passions..they're tattooed on my soul forever.

If I live every moment, won't change any moment,
There's still a part of me in you
I will never regret you, still the memory of you
Marks everything I do.

Don't look back got a new direction
I loved you once, needed protection
You're still a part of everything I do
You're on my heart just like a tattoo

Just like a tattoo, I'll always have you
I'll always have you, I'll always have you

From 'Tattoo" as sung by Jordin Sparks

No comments: