Saturday, February 7, 2009

True Love Waits

Prayer breakfast, Feb 2009

Love is a truly magical thing. No matter how hard the heart, a vision of true love somehow slips past the guardians at the gate. And so this picture of President Obama (I love saying that...it still leaves me gobsmacked) carefully, studiously, lovingly helping his beautiful wife with her chair stole right in and hugged my heart. There are so many aides standing by who could have done this, but instead, this Man...this Gentle man wanted to care for his beloved with this small but telling chore. Look at the concentration on his face, the boy within making sure he got it right. I would love to have this couple as friends under any circumstance, and I'm simply thrilled beyond measure at having them as First Couple and primary representatives of our Country and its values.

No comments: