Sunday, October 19, 2008

Palin and Powell

I watched SNL last night, where Sarah Palin made an appearance that I actually think was a poor idea. The opening segment with the juxtaposition of Tina Fey doing her impression of Palin and Palin watching it backstage was terrific, and I was pleased to see the writers didn't pander to the Veep's presence. But later in the show, Palin joined Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers on the Weekend Update, where a funny rap was performed that she bopped along with, but that made her look complicit in the acceptance of her lampooned image. She should have stopped with the first sketch and come out ahead. Here're some of the lyrics:

’m Jeremiah Wright cause tonight I’m the preacha
I got a bookish look and you’re all hot for teacha
Todd lookin fine on his snow machine
So hot boy gonna need a go between
In Wasilla we just chill baby chilla
But when I see oil let’s drill baby drilla



The REAL news came this morning on Meet The Press, where Gen. Colin Powell gave a VERY articulate summation of the two Presidential candidates, and concluded with his well-considered endorsement. Take a look...

No comments: