Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Another Turning of the Great Cosmic Wheel

Tis the season for unconditional love, folks, even if, like me, your house is devoid of any sign of the Holidays and the only celebration this year is the joy of making it through another one. Still, music and food WILL be had here to celebrate another turning of the Great Wheel, so come ON and join me in singing with the exquisite Annie Lennox and sincerely soulful Rev. Al Green! Put a little love in your heart, y'all!



And since I have you in the mood, here's the best new Christmas song that's been delivered in just ages. Sung by Mariah Carey, "All I Want For Christmas Is You" was featured in a favourite movie, Love, Actually.



To close out my take on Christmas, it's music and meaning, I offer John Lennon's "Happy Christmas (War Is Over)" May this song be prophetic and bring the world an end to the terrible divisiveness all around the globe. We are all connected, we are all one.

No comments: