Monday, December 29, 2008

God Give Me Strength

Round, like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel, never ending or beginning on an ever-spinning reel...Like a tunnel that you follow to a tunnel of its own, down a hollow to a cavern where the sun has never shone, like a door that keeps revolving in a half-forgotten dream, like the ripples from a pebble someone tosses in a stream. - from Windmills of Your Mind


Today. Finally. Finally. Finally I heard from him. Was it the cry from my torn heart he heard? Or the vow to "wipe him from my memory...fracture the spell" that I wrote in stark letters last night as I sat in bed, weeping for the lost love, because I still missed him so much, because I had "lost the power to pretend that there could ever be a happy ending?" Those words are in quotes because they're from a Burt Bacharach song that played in my head all night long, God Give Me Strength. Here's the Kristen Vigard version from the exquisite jewel of a film, "Grace Of My Heart," starring Illeana Douglas


No comments: